|Job Title||Safety Representative|
|Location||East Chicago, Indiana|
Integral member of the Indiana Harbor Safety Team administering safety and health policies and procedures to operations throughout the facility. Directs program development and monitors reports on safety performance. Provides technical expertise in facility/process layout and design, audits, incident investigation, hazard identification & risk assessment, employee monitoring & testing and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Responsible for planning, directing and managing programs & resolving issues in a timely & cost effective manner.
· Evaluates, recommends & implements policies & procedures to ensure awareness & compliance with health and safety requirements.
· Responsible for health and safety records management & retention.
· Conducts regular health and safety audits.
· Stays abreast of current occupational health and safety trends to ensure compliance and maintain safe operating standards.
· Advises appropriate management personnel & ensures open lines of communication regarding health and safety issues.
· Conducts appropriate health and safety training as required.
· Direct incident investigation, perform root cause analysis, and develop countermeasures.
· Interact with employees at all levels within the plant to recognize and address Health & Safety concerns.
· 3-5 years of applicable experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with OHSAS 18001.
· Previous experience with accident prevention, loss control and risk identification to safety programs.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to lift more than 25 pounds on occasion.
Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety Sciences or a related field.