Assistant Property Manager
Real Estate Services
10 Carlson Court
Housed at 10 Carlson Court in Etobicoke, the APM will administer day to day operations of an 18 building 2.2 million square foot industrial / office portfolio reporting to the Property Manager.
- Provide support to the Property Manager as directed. The primary focus is to maintain the day to day operation of the portfolio to Bentall Kennedy standard and create operating efficiencies.
- Embrace and pro-actively support Bentall Kennedy’s corporate culture.
- Handle receivables: Process cheques, liaise with tenants for collection of receivables and reconcile accounts. Prepare and provide regular arrears reports. Issue and track applicable chargebacks. Maintain and update security deposits.
- Handle payables: Coding and approval of invoices to budget and applicable timelines.
- Prepare Capital and TI Allowance packages as directed/required. Maintain and update security deposits.
- Conduct move in and out inspections. Conduct regular building and vacant space inspections. Document accordingly. Assist with insurance and appraisal tours as directed.
- Liaise with tenants. Issue all standard notifications, including rent letters, and follow up communication relating to tenant operational matters.
- Update and maintain tenant contact lists.
- Maintain records management to portal, various applications and applicable drives.
- Administer tenant surveys. Follow up as directed/required.
- Administer lease review check lists in conjunction with JDE Lease Admin team.
- Assist with tenant events and tenant appreciation initiatives as directed.
- Liaise with building operators and contractors as directed by the Property Manager.
- Utilize and foster tenant use of ClikFIX work order program. Review monthly reports and follow up as required.
- Tender and administer all regular operating contracts as directed. Update and maintain contract summaries.
- Assist with annual budget process including data input and compilation of final package.
- Assist with monthly Owners reports. Complete monthly variance reports.
- Assist with Sustainability initiatives including BOMA BESt and Earth submissions as applicable.
- Complete understanding and adherence to the Environmental Policy, Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures relevant to the position as prescribed from time to time.
- Other duties as directed by the Property Manager.
- Embrace and pro-actively support Bentall Kennedy's culture of environmental sustainability, and corporate and social responsibility.
- 5+ years of related experience. RPA designation or post-secondary courses in property management are an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle at all times.
- Must be able to read and analyze leases and contracts.
- Relationship Skills – Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written with owners, tenants and team members; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; professional phone manner; mature and self-motivated team player with good conflict-resolution skills; committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with Bentall Kennedy’s objectives
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; results oriented, detail oriented and accurate
- Decision Making Skills – Able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; able to achieve goals using a strategic approach; proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change
- Computer Skills – Intermediate to advanced skills in JDE, MS Word, Excel, Microsoft office, Outlook and a natural curiosity and intuitiveness for learning new applications. Typing speed of minimum 60 WPM.
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through Bentall Kennedy's Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities.