ACQUISITIONS & ECONOMIC RESEARCH ANALYST
55 University Avenue, Toronto, ON
The Acquisitions and Economic Research Analyst will report to the Senior Vice President, Acquisitions and the Senior Vice President, Chief Economist. The primary responsibilities include analyzing investment and development proposals and opportunities, producing all internal and client reporting including Investment Memorandums, and bringing together real estate market and economic research materials. The analyst will work extensively with other members of the Acquisition Group, as well as with members of the various asset management operating teams.
- Embrace and pro-actively support Bentall Kennedy's culture of environmental sustainability, and corporate and social responsibility.
- Preparation of financial analysis, cash flows, proformas, market reports and investor memoranda for various acquisitions, sales, and developments proposals.
- Assist with due diligence in conjunction with members of the Acquisitions team.
- Analysis of various property scenarios and opportunities including acquisition structures, development options, lease transactions, financing alternatives and disposition strategies.
- Interpret market and economic research, and co-ordinate integration with analysis and preparation of investment memos
- Other duties as required
- Prepare market overviews and statistical profiles in support of investment memorandums, client reports/presentations and business plans
- Provide written contribution to research reports and help to develop investment themes for further analysis
- Manage third-party information flow from various sources including brokerage and market research firms
- Education - MBA or CFA preferred; alternately University degree in Urban Land Economics or a finance based degree
- Experience - 3 years of related industry experience (Real estate company, appraisal firm, brokerage company). Previous experience in architecture, development or engineering is preferred
- Relationship Skills – Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with all personalities; ability to exercise strict confidentiality
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure, manage and meet tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; ability to use initiative and self-management skills to work independently with minimal direction and respond effectively to issues that arise; accurate and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Computer Skills – Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Argus
Terms of Employment:
Permanent, Full Time, Day
$70,000-$89,999 Yearly, for 37.50 Hours per week, Bonus, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, RRSP Benefits
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through Bentall Kennedy's Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities.