Recruitment Systems - Getting Started13. August 2010
Your business is about to go live with a recruitment system. The benefits are just waiting to be reaped, but the most important part of a recruitment software system is the implementation. The success of an implementation needs to be planned for. It is not as simple as just installing the software and letting the employees loose on it. For a successful implementation a roll out approach is best. It will cut costs in the long run and will have the investment paying for itself in a much shorter period of time.
Creating a Checklist for a Successful Recruitment Software Implementation.
- Create a group within the business to design the checklist based on the actual needs of the employees and the business processes that are running already. A seamless integration is the key to success and a well developed plan will the most basic necessity of a successful recruitment software implementation.
- Make sure that every department within the organization is represented so as to have the input and commitment of the entire organization.
- Make sure that the time frame is decided on before the implementation and before the recruitment software system goes live. This can range form a few weeks to several months depending on the size of the business. The time frame should include everything from hardware installation to the basic training needed to prepare for going live, to the ongoing training and support that is needed over the first year.
- Training will form the largest part of the checklist and the time it takes to train people on the recruitment software system. The training should be done effectively BEFORE the system goes live. All employees must be trained on the system to ensure that the business processes are being run according the recruitment software best practices. In a busy organization the time it takes to train people on a live system could be far greater than planning for a period of training before the system is even implemented. Spending time and money now will ensure that the benefits are seen sooner and are achieved sooner.
- Every item of the recruitment software implementation must be factored into the checklist. This can be from the smallest to the largest factor. Everything should be written up, including emails, interdepartmental communication, training on the system, as well as training in the field.
A successful recruitment software implementation can be handled in house but the most effective way is to employ the services of a professional recruitment software implementation firm. Having a firm that has worked with the business from the beginning makes the most sense as the entire project can be rolled out based on key deliverables that have been decided on in the planning stage.