E-Recruitment Software Training03. Sep 2010
The best e-recruitment software solution in the world will have little or no effect on the business if it is not used properly. The whole point of recruiter software is to integrate the efforts of the HR department into one seamless and efficient system. If an employee does not know how to use the system or has received only rudimentary training, the benefits of having a recruiter software system will be negligible. Creating a recruiter software training program is one of the important facets of a good recruiter software implementation. The key to good training is proper planning in conjunction with the recruiter software consultants and the installers.
Five Training strategies that will enhance a Recruiter Software installation
- Planning. This part of the process is vital to the success of an effective e-recruitment software training package. The training modules must be planned to fit in with the level of expertise of the entire business. It may be necessary to start with basic computer literacy. In fact a good refresher course is recommended to ensure that employees are using their computer skills the correct way. It is very easy to fall into bad habits.
- Targeted Training. Employees must be trained to use an e-recruitment software system with direct reference to their jobs. The software should be targeted to the industry, the specific business and to the work processes that are done by the individual employees. Training should take place in groups of similar job processes and it should be focused on the exact needs of the employees within the department.
- Practice makes Perfect. The key to good e-recruitment software training is to ensure that there is enough time to practice on the system before it goes live. Employees should be allowed to practice on the system in a series of trials and practice runs. They should use software that sill simulate the type of processes that they will be using when the system goes live.
- In the Loop. Employees who will be using the system should be made aware in a series of training sessions about the value of the system and exactly how it will change their daily tasks. People are naturally resistant to change unless they can see an actual benefit to their function. This type of training should always include references to the way things were done before and the way they will change in future.
- Support. The key to e-recruitment software training is ongoing support. An expert recruiter software training firm will be able to provide support on an ongoing basis. An expert will let the employees remain on a gradual learning curve as they examine the necessary changes that may need to be made to the recruiter software system
The technology behind e-recruitment software is mind boggling, but that does not mean that the people who use it need to be experts. The key is in training the employees in process specific elements of the system while always stressing the value of a system as a whole.